When the Great Shepherd says "Wait"

What do you feel when God says "Wait"?  Do you feel frustration, confusion, anger?  Or do you accept it as God's will and simply live at peace that God knows what he is doing and is in full and total control?  Recently God has told me "Wait".  There were plans I had, things I wanted to do, all of which had good intentions behind them.  In the past when God said "Wait" or "No" I would rebel internally and blamed God for not letting me have what I wanted.  God was not to blame, and He would discipline me by sending me through a personal trial.  The Great Shepherd would break my leg and then carry me until it healed..My God has been very gracious to me over the years as He continues to forgive me and guide me back onto the right path.  I have finally learned that it is much easier to simply let God work his plan and to as his sheep just follow his lead.  He knows where the edge of the cliff is and I don't.  He knows where the lion and the bear lie in wait for me and he will protect me with His rod and his Staff.  God knows best simply following Him and letting Him lead is much easier than trying to go your own way, because if you are truly a child of God IT WON"T WORK! Follow the Great Shepherd of the sheep and you'll find true peace, resting in God's will.

Comments

  1. That was good, Brian! It is so much easier to wait in peace, knowing the Lord is in full control, than to get upset at His ways. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women Pastors and the SBC

God gave me a Girlfriend for Christmas!!!

A Promise of Love