God Works In Mysterious Ways His Wonders to Preform

The past several months have been very busy and interesting.  Over the summer my church prepared to move out of our current building into our old building so that the addition we are adding on to our current building can be connected and finished.  Over all everything has gone relativity smoothly with no major problems.  There have been some video issues with pushing the video from the fellowship hall (our old building) up the hill to the overflow rooms in the education building but those were quickly fixed.  God has also given us more people to work in the sound room.  The challenging part if figuring out how to Train them all, but I'm pretty sure we'll figure it out.
  The end of August was particularly stressful for me.  Between work, moving the sound room at church and some things going on in my personal life (which I will not divulge here) I ended up contracting Colitis (an inflamed colon).  Between the end of August and the beginning of October I lost 30 Lb.  Being the independent guy that I am I put off getting checked out until I couldn't stand it anymore and ended up checking myself into the ER.  I ended up staying in the hospital for three day and three nights.  I still have to have a Colonoscopy in the near future before they will know what kind of Colitis I have and if I'll have to deal with it for the rest of my life or not.
    I am so lucky to have all the friends that visited me while I was in the hospital.  12 different people visited me and I appreciated everyone immensely. Fortunately I was in the hospital over the weekend s I missed minimal work and had lots of sports on TV to keep me entertained between visitors.  After I was discharged I returned to work where my employers were very understanding if I needed to take a break.  I am nearly back to full strength now.  I've been taking five different medications over the past 10 days and now I'm down to just three different medications.  I still covet all of your prayers for me as I adjust to a new diet and a new lifestyle.  God has taught me several lessons through this.  I'll just share one right here.
   Don't take your friends for granted.  Build your friendships and have lots of friends (making sure they are the right kind of friends of course) and be a friend.  Visiting someone in the hospital may seem trivial, but it means the world to the person in the hospital that you took the time to stop by say "Hi" and to see how they were doing.  Be involved at church.  When you are not at church are you missed?  You should be. When you are actively involved with your local church you create a bond with them that binds you together as a family.  When I returned to church last Sunday (I was working on Wednesday evening) I was astounded by the number of people who approached me and asked me how I was doing.  The friendships I've built over the past four years of being down here in Greenville and specifically while being at MCBC are invaluable to me.  They will last forever.  My physical family is spread from sea to shining sea (literally) but I've got my church family right here, and although they and probably myself too someday will move away from Greenville I will always have family here.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women Pastors and the SBC

God gave me a Girlfriend for Christmas!!!

A Promise of Love