The Fear of the LORD

Last night as I was washing dishes and listening to music on my phone, Ron Hamilton's song "The Fear of the Lord" started playing. It started my mind turning as I thought about what it really meant to "Fear the LORD". When most people think fear they think of someone cowering in a corner while someone else stands over them. That is fear, but there is a different kind of fear, one that a respectful fear. This can be illustrated through my current job at Chick-fil-A (CFA for short) At CFA we have the "Chick-fil-A Way" which is the way certain procedures are done to make sure everything is done the same way every time and the same amazing product is served every time. If I were to not do things the "Chick-fil-A Way" then my boss would have a talk with me and if I continued to refuse to do it the "Chick-fil-A Way" I would eventually get fired. However I don't want to get fired and so I have a respect, or a fear, for my boss. I'm not afraid of him. In the same way we don't need to be afraid of God, but we do need to be afraid of going against His will. Just like at work I do things the "Chick-fil-A Way" in life we need to do things "God's Way". If you as a child of God are not doing things "God's Way" you will in a sense get you written up. Now God will never disown you, but he will chastise you and try to guide you back onto the path he has for you. Trust me, it isn't fun going against God. Now it isn't always fun doing things "God's Way" either but it is always much better than the alternative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women Pastors and the SBC

God gave me a Girlfriend for Christmas!!!

A Promise of Love