The LORD is intimate with the upright

Over the past several weeks God has really been working in my heart and in my life. My recent heath problems were followed by a personal situation where God put a decision in front of me. Follow God's will for my life, wait, and have peace about what God is doing or I could do my own thing and have what I wanted right now, not that what I wanted was a bad thing or that I won't get it in the future. I decided to follow God's will for my life and he has kept the thing which I desire from me. After making this decision there is still a choice. I can be content with what God is doing, or I can be bitter, even though I am doing what God wants. Here again I was torn for a little while, but while reading Proverbs 3 this morning I came to verse 32 where Solomon writes "For the devious are an abomination to the LORD; But He is intimate with the upright" The second part of the verse really hit me. The idea that God would be intimate with me, that he would be that close to me that he would share my sorrow and my happiness, was eye opening. My God is my Protector, my Guide, my Friend, my Abba Father.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women Pastors and the SBC

God gave me a Girlfriend for Christmas!!!

A Promise of Love