My Best Birthday EVER!!!



   So as my birthday approached this year nothing was really said about anything. A couple days before my birthday I dropped a little hint reminder for Sarah.  I had done something special for her birthday, although it was limited due to the fact that we weren't officially courting yet and I knew she would feel terrible if she forgot mine. She assured be that she indeed had not forgotten my birthday. As Friday neared (my birthday)  I told Sarah that I didn't have to be at work until 2 p.m.  She then asked me what I wanted to do and told her to surprise me.  I must say she did a very good job.  When I got off of work Thursday night Sarah informed be that I was to be at her house at 9 a.m. the next morning.  I promptly five minutes early. After Sarah prepared a sack lunch we departed in her truck headed south on 385.  I was driving but had no idea where we were heading!  After about 45 min of driving we arrived at Musgrove Mill State Historic Site. This is the site of a small yet pivotal battle in the war for Independence.  There is a trail which we hiked and a small waterfall where we were able to enjoy each others company in while taking in the beauty of God's nature! After this small, yet very wonderful adventure I went to work at Chick-Fil-A.  It is the custom at Chick-Fil-A to get a cake for those having a birthday and to sing to them in front of any customers who happen to be present.  As I was beginning my break Nate came out of the office with a cake and told me that I needed to go up front.  I did as I was told and knowing what was coming was going to just endure it.  I turned with my back to the counter, as there weren't any customers there, or so I thought, and they began to sing to me.  About half way through the song Nate motioned for me to look beside me.  Sarah had coordinated with Nate to be there when they sang to be and gave me my cake! I was totally surprised!
   After this I didn't know what to expect on Saturday when we would be having my birthday dinner.  After a long day at my new job pressure washing houses I arrived at Sarah's house needing a shower.  (We knew this would be the case so I had brought a change of cloths).  As I drove up I saw extra car in the driveway.  It looked familiar, but I couldn't remember who's it was.  As I was getting ready for my shower I realized I had left my clean shoes in my van and I also realized who's car that was.  It was Sarah and David Rogers, some of my closest friends.  As I walked out to my car I asked where they were hiding and caught a glimpse of the in the living room.  After I retrieved my shoes and returned to take my shower I notice that there were 10 place settings at the table.  So far there were only 8 people there.  I mentioned this to Sarah as I headed up the stairs and she just smiled!  After my shower my best friend for the past several years Josh Perkins and his wife Natalie arrived!.  Sarah had invited all the people I am closest to to my birthday dinner!  We had a great time talking and I felt very blessed to have such wonderful friends! Sarah has out done herself in making my birthday the most special birthday I have ever had!!!

Comments

  1. Brian,

    Happy Birthday. I am so happy that you have found Sarah..I know who you will be with this Thanksgiving...Congratulations...love , Mrs Harley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women Pastors and the SBC

God gave me a Girlfriend for Christmas!!!

A Promise of Love